What is it?
Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world, ECDL CAD certifies competency in 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD). Successful ECDL CAD candidates will be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the following features within common 2D CAD applications:
- Navigate using tools and views
- Use layers and levels
- Draw exchange- export drawings in different file types and import other files
- Create objects and elements, eg. lines, rectangles, arc, polygon, hatch etc.
- Use selection tools
- Manipulate objects and elements eg. copy, move, delete, rotate, scale, mirror, stretch, offset, explode, extend
- Use inquiry commands, eg. to measure distances, angles, areas
- Set and modify properties, eg. to change or match properties/ attributes
- Insert, create and modify text and dimensions
- Use blocks and cells
- Use OLE, eg. to embed or link a file or to add a hyperlink as on abject
- Use and modify plot and print options
Who is it for?
ECDL CAD is aimed at anyone involved in the architectural, engineering, design and constructing sectors who would like to certify their 2D CAD skills to an independent international standard.ECDL CAD is also suited to those who are entering or working in such sectors already in a non-technical capacity and wish to certify 2D CAD skills as a tool of personal and professional development.