What is it?
ECDL WebStarter offers candidates the opportunity to certify their knowledge on key web publishing concepts and the core skills required to design, create and maintain a static website.ECDL WebStarter encompasses a range of web design skills, from HTML to cascading style sheets (CSS), and certifies that a candidate can:
- Comprehend essential web concepts and terms
- Grasp the basic principles of HTML and use common HTML mark-up tags to modify the layout of a web page
- Use a web authoring application to design and format web pages, format text, and work with hyperlinks and tables
- Recognise and use common web image formats and create forms in a web page
- Handle cascading style sheets (CSS)
- Prepare web pages for publishing to a web server
Who is it for?
ECDL WebStarter is suitable for people who are engaged in personal or professional capacity in the design, editing and maintenance of simple or static websites. Web Designers, Art Directors, Graphic Designers, Digital Media Specialists and Marketers, are examples of people who certify their level of competence by the ECDL ImageMaker standard, as means for further development in the field.