Auditor and Consultant Certification Process
Candidates for Auditor or Consultant certification must first submit an application through an Accredited Training Organization for review by PEOPLECERT, to ensure that they fulfill the relevant scheme requirements. Applications will only be reviewed once the candidate has paid the related application review fee, as defined in the PEOPLECERT Pricelist for Professionals.
Once the application has been accepted, the candidate can enroll for an Auditor or Consultant training course, exam and Personal Attribute Assessment Test if applicable.
Upon successfully passing the Auditor or Consultant exam, the candidate will receive his/her Auditor or Consultant certificate, valid for 3 years and an identification card, valid for 1 year. When a candidate possesses more than one ISO-based Professional certifications, he/she will receive the corresponding Auditor/Consultant certificates and identification cards, upon passing the Auditor/Consultant exam only once.
Auditor and Consultant Certification Surveillance
Auditor and Consultant certification is valid for 3 years, during which certified professionals must ensure that they follow the Certification Surveillance process, i.e. on an annual basis after the initial certification year.
- submit evidence of their professional engagement as Auditors or Consultants to PEOPLECERT
- pay the corresponding annual fee on each first and second anniversary of their certification or certification renewal, as defined in the PEOPLECERT Pricelist for Professionals.
On every anniversary, a new identification card will be sent by PEOPLECERT to certified Auditors and Consultants, provided that the surveillance requirements have been met.
Auditor and Consultant Certification Renewal
Every third year upon certification, certified professionals must renew their license, i.e.
- submit a file for the renewal of their certification, including evidence of their professional engagement as Auditors or Consultants. In case of major changes in the respective standards (ISO 19011 or ISO 10019), PEOPLECERT may deem necessary for these professionals to resit the Auditor or Consultant exam to qualify.
- pay the applicable renewal fee on the third anniversary of their initial certification or each certification renewal, as defined in the PEOPLECERT Pricelist for Professionals.
On every third anniversary, a new certificate and identification card will be sent by PEOPLECERT to certified Auditors and Consultants, provided that the renewal requirements have been met.
Auditor and Consultant Regrade
Auditors and Consultants who have been certified at a specific grade, but during their certification period have accumulated the credentials required to achieve a more senior grade, are encouraged to apply for regrade at any stage. They need to
- submit a file with evidence of their credentials
- pay the applicable regrade fee, as defined in the PEOPLECERT Pricelist for Professionals.
Once regraded, they will receive a new certificate and identification card and will not have to pay any additional certification renewal or annual fees for the same year.