• Hotel Managers
• Managers on Duty
• Boutique & Small Hotel Owners
The purpose of the certification is to verify professional skills and competence in providing hospitality services to hotel guests with temporary or permanent motor, vision, hearing or cognitive disabilities, in an accessible and equal way to all other clients.
In particular, the certification covers the following:
• Key facts and statistics about the importance of people with disabilities for the travel & hospitality industry
• The diversity of the special needs of various clients and how these can be catered for
• Current legislation regarding accessibility in the tourism sector and how to check compliance
• Ability to:
o Create an equal customer experience for all, from planning, to transfer and for the overall duration of their stay
o Assist with the use of different types of technical aids and other assistive technology available and support them
o Cope with critical situations and emergencies arising in relation to various types of needs
• Maximize the quality of the services offered by catering for the needs of key groups of people with disabilities
There are no specific entry criteria for the exam. However it is highly recommended that candidates have undergone relevant formal training of a suggested duration of 8 hours. To find out more, follow the links on the right hand side of this page, to download the certification prerequisites and a sample exam.
Get Trained (Coming soon)