AXELOS recognizes PMI® and IPMA® Project Management qualifications as a route to PRINCE2® Practitioner
From the 1st July 2014 AXELOS will recognize a range of Project Management qualifications for individuals applying for the PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification, including qualifications awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the International Project Management Association (IPMA).
This will allow project managers holding such qualifications direct access to PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification without having to go through elementary study and obtain PRINCE2 Foundation.
Whilst there is no change to normal business, this initiative opens a new opportunity for ATOs to offer PRINCE2 Practitioner training to project manager clients who had previously focused only on PMI and IPMA qualifications.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) - details at www.pmi.org:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- International Project Management Association (IPMA) - details at http://ipma.ch/:
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
Individual IPMA member associations have local interpretations of these certificates, for example:
As per the existing standard rules relating to exam pre-requisites, candidates will need to provide PEOPLECERT with details of their certificate for the related qualification when signing up for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam through the candidate portal.
- The Association for Project Management (APM) is the United Kingdom’s IPMA Member Association; visit www.apm.org.uk. Their IPMA Level D certification is the APM Project Management Qualification (APMP).
- The American Society for the Advancement of Project Management (ASAPM) is the United States of America’s Member Association; visit www.asapm.org. Their IPMA Level D certification is the Certified Project Management Associate.