Cyber Resilience Managers lead the roll-out of cyber resilience policies and working practices to ensure protection and security of information assets. They interface with colleagues in the IT and network teams as well as with leaders in the business to share the corporate cyber resilience vision and solicit their collaboration in achieving higher levels of enterprise security and resilience.
Cyber resilience and security is a growing issue and area of risk. Cyber Resilience Managers can be responsible for building awareness across the workforce along with the skills needed to keep information safe. Depending on the size of the organization, they may manage a team of consultants and analysts.
- Build cyber resilience into IT and business policies and procedures
- Align controls with resilience and security frameworks e.g. RESILIA™, ISO27001
- Manage cyber resilience and information risk assessments
- Lead penetration tests to identify vulnerabilities and test cyber resilience controls
- Establish regular reporting and metrics
- Represent cyber resilience on Change Advisory Board
- Supervise investigations into security incidents
- Design of cyber resilience awareness learning.
Potential Next Steps
Chief Information Security Manager, IT Operations Manager, Cyber Resilience Consultant.
How to get there
AXELOS professional certifications are recognized worldwide by employers as an indicator of your skills and commitment as an ITSM professional. The following certifications are relevant for professionals working in cyber resilience and will support your development into more senior roles: