The ITIL 4 Specialist: IT Asset Management module is for IT professionals who are involved in managing costs and risks, monitoring and ensuring compliance, and good governance of IT assets.
Based on the ITIL 4 framework, the module provides both strategic and practical best practice guidance to help organisations understand the value of IT Asset Management as well as its key concepts and challenges. Professionals should be able to use these concepts to foster effective financial stewardship and governance, control costs, manage risks, monitor and ensure compliance. The guidance from this module will also support effective decision making on the purchase, re-use, retirement and disposal of IT assets and evaluate the sustainability of IT asset decommissioning and disposal.
ITIL 4 Specialist: IT Asset Management enables professionals to:
- Define IT Asset Management roles, responsibilities, knowledge and skills
- Plan and manage the full lifecycle of all IT assets
- Effectively automate IT Asset Management activities
- Apply IT Asset Management metrics and practice success factors to improve performance
- Measure, assess and develop IT Asset Management capability by using the ITIL Maturity Model
Starting from 1 February 2022, exam vouchers for AXELOS Certifications, including ITIL 4 Specialist: IT Asset Management, will incorporate the corresponding Digital Core Guidance (eBook). The Core Guidance eBook acts as a valuable source for candidates in their day-to-day work, long after their exam has finished. It becomes available in the candidate’s PeopleCert account, upon exam purchase and the candidate can take advantage of several features available like annotation, highlighting, etc.