Can my device handle the software and what accessories will I need?
- ExamShield is applicable with Windows® 11, Windows® 10 (Windows 10S and Windows 11S is not supported) or macOS High Sierra (10.13) onwards
- Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 4GB of RAM
- We advise you to save all your work and exit any open programs such as AnyDesk, Skype, MS Teams etc. that could disrupt your exam process
- Administrative restrictions on many work machines will affect ExamShield and are likely to affect the performance of your computer before or during your exam. We recommend not using a work machine unless your IT department is able to help you set it up well before the exam
- If your Computer is not running on the latest version of Windows (Windows 11 or later) you may need to install Webview 2. This is only required in the following two occasions:
- For viewing the full PeopleCert Core Guidance eBook experience during Open Book examinations
- For all LanguageCert Speaking Exams
Test your system:
- Install ExamShield (Note: ExamShield is updated once a month, that is why we advise you to confirm your compatibility at least 24 hours before your exam.)
- The following System Compatibility Check will be carried out by ExamShield on your machine:
- System Integrity – checks some basic features of the compliance of your device with ExamShield
- Audio – checks your audio quality
- Camera – checks your video quality
- Internet Connection – ensures your connection satisfies minimum requirements
- The System Compatibility Check checks your system. It does not check how the machine itself will perform in a locked-down live exam environment.
- Even if the system compatibility is good, an off-specification machine may cause technical issues during your exam.
- Do not take your exam at work if your office network uses a firewall or requires VPN. If this is your only option, please provide the following guidance to your IT department so they can set the machine up for you.
Prepare the accessories you will need:
- You are required to have a working pair of speakers and a microphone
- All LanguageCert exams require wired headsets
- Keyboard and mouse (or another pointing device)
- A single web camera which you can rotate 360 degrees
Install ExamShield now