Honouring Excellence: PeopleCert's Award Ceremony under the 'Honouring our Teachers from Constantinople' Programme
The PeopleCert Group of Companies is pleased to announce the upcoming Scholarship Award Ceremony for the "Honouring our Teachers from Constantinople" Scholarships initiative.
The ceremony will take place at the Zografeion Lyceum in Istanbul on Thursday, 8 June 2023, at 17:00 (GMT+3).
You can join us virtually and watch the ceremony live by clicking on the link below:
The "Honouring our Teachers from Constantinople" Scholarship Programme aims to support postgraduate and PhD candidates that are first- or second-generation Greeks from Istanbul, Imvros and Tenedos. The programme is implemented in collaboration with the Ecumenical Federation of Constantinopolitans (EC.FE.CO.), in memory of the three distinguished teachers of the Diaspora, Dimitris Fragopoulos, Dimitris Nicolaides and Alexandros Alexandridis, who served as role models for their students, demonstrating unwavering dedication to their profession. The scholarships offered are the following:
1. “Dimitris Fragopoulos” Scholarship in the field of Greek Language and Literature
2. “Dimitris Nicolaides” Scholarship in the field of English Language and Literature
3. “Alexandros Alexandridis” Scholarship in the field of Sciences
The selection of the student scholars was conducted by a five-member evaluation committee, consisting of:
- President: George Doukidis, Professor of the Athens University of Economics and Business
- Member: Nikolaos Ouzounoglou, Professor Emeritus of the National Technical University of Athens and President of EC.FE.CO.
- Member: Andreas Robopoulos, Journalist and Publisher of the newspaper Iho tis Polis
- Member: Seraphim Konstantinidis, Journalist
- Member: Eleni Nicolaides, Director of Corporate Responsibility PeopleCert
PeopleCert is proud to celebrate the accomplishments of the student scholars and expresses its gratitude to the Constantinopolitan teachers who have left a lasting impact on their students and the entire Diaspora community.