What is COBIT® 5
COBIT 5 (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology) is a globally accepted framework for the governance and management of IT. It aligns business goals to IT processes and goals, providing tools, resources and guidance to achieve, identify and associate responsibilities of business and IT processes.
COBIT 5 stimulates innovation in IT, bridging the gap between control requirements, technical issues and business risks.
Who is COBIT® 5 for?
COBIT 5 is aimed at organisations of all sizes and all sectors. It is ideal for professionals involved in assurance, security, risk, privacy / compliance and business leaders and stakeholders involved in or affected by governance and management of information and IT systems, such as:
· IT Managers
· IT Quality Professionals
· IT Auditors
· IT Consultants
· IT Developers
· IT Operational Management
· IT Business Leadership Management
· Managers in IT Service providing firms
COBIT® 5 benefits for the professional
· Gain knowledge, experience and skills to adapt and apply COBIT 5 metrics and maturity models to an organisation of any size and sector
· Understand relationships between business IT systems and associated cybersecurity risk
· Set priorities and business requirements in accordance to security and risk levels
· Make informed decisions and take appropriate actions to reduce security risk
· Implement tools, resources and guidelines to improve prevention, detection and recovery of cybersecurity
COBIT® 5 benefits for the organisation
· Provides a clear overview of internal IT roles and responsibilities in cybersecurity, giving an organisation a competitive advantage.
· Helps optimise the cost of IT services and technology, through the integration of an improved and enhanced operational IT system
· Assists in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies
· Provides clearer vision and understanding of cybersecurity risks, allowing improvement and scope to be implemented
· Contributes in increased user satisfaction, through an improved integration of information security measures and outcomes
· Enables a faster route to achieving strategic business goals and benefits, through the effective and innovative use IT
COBIT® 5 Certification levels
The COBIT 5® qualification comprises different levels of certification: