MoV® (Management of Value) of provides essential guidance on maximising value and making better use of resources.
The definition of value proposed by MoV embraces both monetary and non-monetary benefits, and argues that the subjectivity of value increases the need for it to be actively managed. MoV provides a method, which is supported by techniques, in order to allocate scarce funds as effectively as possible.
MoV has evolved from many years of successful value management practice and is relevant to portfolio programmes and projects. The guide is aimed at individuals who direct, manage, support and deliver portfolios programmes and projects.
Organisations and professionals rely on MoV, a successful, proven methodology, to in order increase the value they deliver and make better use of resources.
Who is MoV® for?
MoV® is addressed to:
- Senior Managers
- Change Managers
- Project and Programme Managers
- Professionals responsible for directing, managing, supporting and delivering portfolios, programmes and projects
MoV® benefits for the professional
- Combines an overall approach with a set of processes and principles and shows how to embed these practices, review them, and where necessary adapt them to changing circumstances
- Provides individuals with confidence to influence risk management across an organisation
- Proves a professional’s expertise and know how
- Helps make informed decisions about risks affecting strategic, programme, project and operational objectives
- Improves communication and control
MoV® benefits for the organisation
- Improves the effectiveness of risk management by identifying, assessing and controlling risk
- Helps improve performance through more efficient use of resources
- Increases the probability of achieving change initiatives
- Provides better management of unplanned threats and opportunities
- Provides a disciplined environment for productive decision making
- MoV® is informed and aligned with the international standard ISO 31000:2009